About Us

Friday, January 6, 2017

Looking Ahead to a New Year


We closed out the year with more celebration and two baptisms on Christmas Eve. The week after Christmas the senior Missionaries and the Area Presidency met on New Year’s Eve, at the Wan Chai Building, for dinner and games. Karen and I were late because it was Saturday and we attend church on Saturday. We not only had the three-hour church block but it was Elder Mark White's last meeting, he will be leaving for home the following Friday. Elder White served in the International District for eleven months (which strikes me as a long time to serve in one area) and had developed strong ties with the members in the district. It was a very emotional night for both he and the members, and many tears bore witness to the love that can develop between those that teach and those that are taught.


The Senior Couple party ended at about 9:00 p.m., after the party Karen and I caught a bus back to Hung Hum and our apartment. The fireworks began at midnight but the first I saw of them was on an email we received from Jill the next morning. I was told that the building we live in was shaking from the shock of the fireworks but I can’t remember anything after my head hit the pillow. It was one of my best nights of sleep last year.
We begin the New Year with the Area Presidencies Area goals which I have attached.


Happy New Year!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment